Monday 4 January 2010

Lovely winter!

Warning, there's a lot of pictures again! :D

Today the weather was so nice that I couldn't recist going out for a walk. The sun was shining from an almost clear sky and it wasn't even that cold, only -4°. And the landscape was so incredibly beautiful with all the snow. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera with me outside, but tadaa! Thanks to my new phone, I still had a camera with me! Yay! :D I have to say, I'm very pleased with the quality of the pictures taken with the camera on the phone. Not bad at all.

Well, here's what I saw:

It seems like this car hasn't been anywhere in a while...

I walked through the Central Park in Helsinki since it's close to where I live. I love it when the trees are covered in snow! It gives it a sort of a mystical look.

And since I was so close, I had to go and say hello to the horses too. Hope they had a nice Christmas and weren't too scared by the fireworks at New Years.

Here's a close up of one of them. They always seem to be hungry since they follow you around while you walk, hoping to get a treat :)

A sculpture in the forest.

I felt like going ice skating too when I saw these people. Maybe tomorrow?

Oh no, a road block! :D Which actually was much bigger than it seems here in the picture...

I really love the winter this year. It's for once a real winter! And now the best of it even lie ahead: january and especially february then the sun is shining more and more but there's still (usually) a lot of snow. I hope there'll be more beautiful days like today. I don't even mind the cold weather. Of course it felt cold when it was -20°, but in the same time it felt so amazingly refreshing! It was as if it purified my whole body, including my head. I felt like a new person. Nothing felt impossible!

But I'm sure I'll appreciate the summer too... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment