Sunday 10 April 2011

Baby socks

Our godson is just learning to walk on his own, so soon he'll probably be outside jumping in small puddles of water in his rubber boots. And for that, he of course needed a new pair of socks since the old ones already got too small. Since my bigger knitting projects really haven't progressed much, it was nice to get an excuse to do something quick and small in stead. One sock I finished during a couple of not that exciting lessons at the university, the other sock was even quicker. I didn't find any pattern I liked, so I decided to - for the first time ever - make the socks entirely on my own. I simply made them up on the way, improvising and inspired by a pair of socks a friend once knitted for another baby boy. Here's the result:



Pattern: my own
Needles: 3 mm
Yarn: Novita 7 Veljestä

They looked really big when I made them and I thought about starting all over again and making them smaller. But since almost everything I've knitted for our godson so far has been a bit too small, I didn't start over with these. And that was a good descision because apparently they turned out quite the right size after all. It's incredible how fast that boy grows!

Two cats arrived here today. They're spending their time at my place while the owners are on vacation. Can't show you any photos yet, though, since I haven't seen them that much. Right now they're hiding under the bed... Hope they'll come out when they're hungry or when they need to pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment