Saturday 11 May 2013

Yes, sometimes I knit socks too!

Look, I made two pairs of socks this winter!





Pattern: G. Pienikuvioinen kirjoneulesukka from Novita sukkalehti
Yarn: Novita 7 Veljestä
Needles: 3 mm





Pattern: from my head
Yarn: Marks & Kattens Carolina Tweed and Novita 7 Veljestä
Needles: 3 mm

I made the green ones as a present, but I actually modified the pattern quite a lot :) I used thicker yarn, and didn't cover the whole sock in the diamond pattern. Only two diamond stripes and then some easy colourwork in between. 

The other ones were made for an introductory knitting course at the university. Or actually we had to make only one sock for the course, but then I decided to make a pair for it as well. In stead of a ribbing, I just worked a few cm in garter stitch around the ankle, which actually turned out quite nice. The yarn is horrible, though. 100% acrylic. Feels disgustingly plastic. But I chose it for the socks only because I wanted to get rid of it, and I didn't think I would use them anyway. But now that I have them, I thought they might as well serve as indoor summer socks for a while. At least they're not too warm... And now I'm also one step closer to using up all the leftover yarn in my stash! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment