Thursday 13 August 2009

Busying myself

As I said in the previous post, I've found knitting again. But the funny thing about knitting is that it's both relaxing and stressful at the same time. I mean, I like just sitting down, perhaps with a cup of tea beside me, and knit for an hour before going to bed. But when I make a mistake... Well, that's when I get very angry with myself and I can't just let it be, in stead I waste a lot of time trying to fix or at least camouflage it somehow. Then there's also the thing with new projects and ideas popping into my head. There's just so many things I want to do, it feels like I'll never going to have time to finish them all! And the projects I work on at the moment, sometimes they just never seem to end! Aaargh!

...but knitting is still mostly relaxing. And I like it.

Here's one of the project I'm working on right now:

It's a lace scarf with leaves that I'm doing for my grandmother as a Christmas present. I hope she'll like it once it's finished :)

I was over to my best friends place yesterday and she told me she's started crocheting too, so we actually decided to start having some handicraft-evenings along the autumn. But knowing us two, I'm afraid it's going to be more trying to organise these evenings than actually having them. But if there's someone reading my blog who would like to join our little attempt, you're very welcome! ;)

Since we quite often have some friends over to our place, and since those friends for some reason very often tend to have a glass of wine (the only way to stand our furnishing? or perhaps our company?), I figured it was time to make their life a bit easier as our guests. That's why I also made these:

They're decorations for wineglasses to make it easier to recognise your own glass :) I've seen them in a lot of places but I've never bought any since I think they're usually way too expensive for such an easy thing. So then I came up with the idea of making them myself. And then it was just to dive into my stash of pearls and other related stuff and try to be creative. Don't know if I managed or not, but I least I have a few now. And luckily they're easy to take to peaces again and start all over again once I get tired of them. I even tried to think geeky to make some suitable decorations that Hene could use when he's having some of his geeky-engineer-friends over, but I guess I didn't do that well. When I showed him my best attempt (that is the four coloured ones on the left) he just laught at me and said "Oh dear, it's nice you try but there's something you have to understand: you can't become a geek no matter how hard you try, you're born as one". I'm gonna take that as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment