Monday 13 June 2011

Rhubarb!

What's summer without rhubarb? I'd say: not much. At least for me it's an essential part of this time of year. I simply love rhubarb. I like it in pies, in ice cream and in fool. And yeasterday I tried out a new recipe with rhubarb. It was a recipe I found already last summer, but I didn't have time to try it out back then. But yesterday, when it was really warm, I decided it was time for some rhubarb lemonade!


Here's how I made it:
1 kg rhubarb
1 dl sugar
2 dl water
1/2 lemon (the juice of it)
1 vanilla pod

First, mix all the other ingredients except the rhubarb and bring it to boil. Then add the rhubarb (peeled and sliced) and let it come to the boil too. Then take it off the hot plate and let it cool in the fridge. When it's cool, strain and serve with crushed ice. The taste was quite strong but perfectly sour. Really refreshing in the heat. With the left over rhubarb (after the straining) I also made a pie. Mmm, delicious!

Since it's finally summer, I've taken my camera with my outside and photographed a few things. Here's some of the pictures I've taken:




And finally, a sneak peak of a project I've been working on lately. More of that later on in this blog! Meanwhile, enjoy the summer!

1 comment:

  1. Your rhubarb lemonade looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try it :)

    ReplyDelete