Thursday 1 July 2010

New old dress

I'm going to a baptism on saturday, more precisely my godson's baptism. However, I was a bit stressed since I didn't have anything suitable to wear for the occasion, but then last weekend I remembered I had this old dress, I haven't used for ages. Mostly because it's a full-length dress, and there's hardly ever any occasion for that kind of a dress. Then it has also been way too big for me.

It really looked horrible on me when I tried it on. So I had to make some modifications, and this is the result:

I have to say I'm pretty pleased by the result. The biggest modification is the length, I now made it knee-length. And then I also had to make it a lot smaller around the waist. Last but not least, I also put on a white silky sash to accentuate my waist. But that part is removable, so I can wear the dress without it too, if I want.

Then I also made a pair of earrings that suits the dress:

With them I think I'll have the necklace I got for my own baptism: a silver locket.

No comments:

Post a Comment