Sunday 13 February 2011

Lace and cables

I finally had time to finish, photograph and post my new socks for my winter boots. They've been ready for almost a month already, but I've just been too busy to do something about it. But here they are:



Pattern: Palmikkosukat by Novita
Yarn: Gjestal Janne
Needles: 3 mm

I have to say I really love these new socks. I especially like how the cable turns out much more beautiful when it's a little bit stretched out. And the lace pattern is pretty too, even though it's so simple. The whole pair of socks would have been a really fast knit had I only had the time to really sit down and work on it. Actually, the only think I'm angry about, is that my gauge was a bit different when knitting the second sock, so it turned out much tighter than the first one. I don't think you can see it that well, but I feel it very clearly when I wear them. I just hope the other sock will stretch once I've used it a bit more.

I think the past two weeks have been the most stressfull weeks of my life so far. I've just been running from one place to another, following a tight schedule and counting minutes. The good thing is that I have lessons again, which actually gives me a chance to sit down and relax. I've brought a knitting project with me almost every time and I've noticed that it's much easier to concentrate on what the lecturer is saying when I at the same time have something to do with my hands. If I only sit, doing nothing at all, my thoughts just start wandering and thinking about all the things I should do. I don't know what the lecturer thinks about people knitting during his class, though. I don't know if he understands that I am in fact listening and not just killing time. However, I'm actually not the only one knitting. There's always one other girl who's kniting too. But while I've been struggling with my 2 mm needles, I've jealously been watching how her sweater keeps progessing so fast with her 6 mm needles. Oh, I miss working with thick yarn. With thick yarn and big needles you actually notice you're doing something. But with this thin yarn I have now, my progess was only some 5 cm during three lessons... if even that much. Sigh.

But hey, you know what? Spring is almost here! Even though it's - 17 °C outside right now, the sun has still be shining and I've been able to feel the warmth from it. Only two weeks till March!

2 comments:

  1. Jag har stickat benvärmare av samma mönster! Borde nog har stickat hela sockor, jag använder benvärmare så sällan... Dumt när man är så lat ibland :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nå, som tur finns det ju ingenting som hindrar att du stickar ett par till av samma mönster! :) Jag rekommenderar nog varmt (haha) sockor i stället för benvärmare eftersom dom värmer tårna också. Åtminstone mina tår brukar alltid frysa så fort det blir lite kallare. Men inte i år! För i år har jag använt yllesockor nästan varje dag!

    ReplyDelete