Wednesday 11 January 2012

More babies!

Another colleague at work was also leaving for maternity leave yesterday, and of course we had something soft for her too. Remember the patchwork baby blanket we made earlier this autumn? Well, for this unborn baby we made a similar one, but with different colours:


Pattern: just basic garter stitch squares
Yarn: we used left-over yarn from our stashes
Needles: 3 mm & 3,5 mm

Then, since I am actually going to do my colleague's work, I couldn't resist the chance of knitting something else for her and her baby as well:



Pattern: Vauvan lapaset by Sanna Vatanen
Yarn: Novita  7 Veljestä
Needles & hook: 3 mm & 4 mm
Ravelry: Teddy mittens

These are baby mittens, but I guess she can also use them as socks or as handpuppets if she wants. The idea is from a knitting book I got for Christmas. In finnish it's called Neulo. Virkkaa. Kirjo. Jämälangasta! by Sanna Vatanen, but I actually got the swedish version of it. I also slightly modified the pattern by knitting the mittens in a round, casting on 38 stitches and decreasing 2 st every second round in the end.

Lovely book, by the way! Now I finally know what to do with all my waste yarn. I hate it when my stash is filled with small skeins of different coloured yarn. I've promised myself to do something about those before I allow myself to buy any more yarn. And now that promise is public, so I guess I'll have to try and keep it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment