Monday 2 January 2012

Clear blue water

My new year began with that wonderful feeling of something warm and small cuddled up beside you. I woke up in the middle of the night to someone feeling me up. It was a cat that pushed her paws agains my legs trying to find the perfect place to lie down on. But I guess she didn't find it because eventually she cuddled up beside me in stead, gently pushing agains my feet.

Also, a new year and a new finished knit. This is a shawl I've been working on every now and then for almost a year now. Have to admit I'm already quite tired of it. But perhaps I'll start loving it again now that I don't have to knit that same lace pattern over and over again anymore. Because it was quite boring - not a surprise though, since it also was very easy.

...or maybe I'll just give it away to someone who wants it? Anyone?


Pattern: Clear water lacy scarf by Tanya Alpert
Yarn: Hjertegarn Play it
Needles: 4 mm
In Ravelry here

I found this pattern in a book called Haiku knits. It's filled with japanese-inspired patterns and I have to say I like quite many of them. Many of the designs was very simple, yet they had elegance and strength in them.

I didn't like this yarn that much because it isn't at all as soft as it looks. But since I had some of it left I also made this brooch to go with it:


Yarn: Hjertegarn Play it
Needles: 4 mm
In Ravelry here

Feels good to have one project done! Now I can move on to new, interesting projects! Yay! I've also been photographing quite a lot with my new camera, so I'll probably post some of those pictures soon too.

Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and that you've made some plans or at least have some dreams to fulfill in 2012!


P.S. In case you didn't notice, I've now also added a "like"-button after the posts. So if you like what I do but feel too lazy to comment, you can just hit that button!

2 comments:

  1. Sjalen ser ju jättebra ut! Vänta ett tag så tycker nog du det också.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack! Vi får hoppas att du har rätt :) I annat fall kan jag ju alltid ge bort den till någon lycklig mottagare. När man stickar mycket själv blir klädskåpen fort överfulla...

    ReplyDelete