Friday 2 August 2013

Yarnomania!

This summer I've had time to finish and photograph some old projects that's just been lying around. I also finally had the time to really go through my whole stash of yarns. And I have to say I was both shocked and pleased afterwards. Shocked because my stash was so huge! But rather pleased that only a very small amount of the yarns were "unidentified", i.e. yarns I really didn't see any purpose for. Most of my yarns were really lovely.

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, but I took them with my phone. Anyway, this is what I started out with:


Looks pretty horrible, doesn't it? But a while later it already looked like this:


I organized the yarns in small stacks. Some are yarns that will be used up in projects not yet finished. Some yarns are just waiting in line for me to have time to start some queued up projects. Then I had a stack for really nice yarns that I didn't yet have a specific project for but that I was sure would find their place in this world very soon. Finally some small stacks with yarn I really don't like and some with really small leftovers. But those stacks were so small, that they didn't bother me that much.

This is what it looks like right now. I organized the yarn in four plastic boxes, and put the yarns I use at the moment in two smaller bags. Then I also gave away some of the leftovers and yarns I don't think I'll use myself. 


My next project is to really start to knit, knit and knit and try to use up as much of my stash as possible. And I have to say I feel quite inspired by this project. Imagine all the possibilities! And now that I actually know exactly what hides in my stash, it's easier to see what might become of them. Really exciting!

So, hopefully you'll be seeing a lot of stash-eating projects further on in this blog.

2 comments:

  1. is that all the yarn you have? I might start feeling a bit guilty right now.... I have probably five times that amount, and it is in plastic bags etc. not enticing at all...
    Great to see other peoples stash anyhow! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well it's nice to hear I'm not such a hopeless case! I thought my stash was way too big because everytime someone sees it, they just shake their head and ask what on earth I'm going to do with all that yarn :D

    And the reason for why I have to have it all organized in boxes like this, is that we live in a two-room apartment with very little room for storage...

    ReplyDelete