Tuesday 30 September 2014

Little Bear

...or perhaps a big bear?


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Sofil Carina
Needles: 3 mm

My colleague at work had a bear-hat just like this but unfortunately she lost it. So of course she had to get a new one.

After scanning Ravelry for a really long time, I gave up on trying to find a pattern for a bear-hat like this for adults. So I decided to improvise it instead. This is a simple, basic beanie with just a few details. I knitted it from the garter stitch edge up to the top, then picked up the stitches for the garter stitch earflaps and finally finished them off with i-cord straps. The ears are also knitted separately, stuffed with wool and sewed on to the finished hat.


Now I'm almost done using up all this black, furry yarn! I think I had around 8 skeins of it, since my mom had intended to make a sweater out of it back in the 80's. But instead of becoming a sweater, it's been transformed into a lot of smaller projects instead. But then again, it took me about 5 years to get to this point... Perhaps the sweater would have been faster after all...

6 comments:

  1. Du lyckades ändå åstadkomma någonting på 5 år, för mig tog det 30 år att inse att det nog inte blir något av den där tröjan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sant, det är ju alltid tröstande :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oi söpö nalle! ei voi olla tulematta hyvälle tuulelle kun tuon näkee:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uusi omistajakin taitaa olla iloinen uudesta nallestaan :)

    ReplyDelete