Saturday 6 September 2014

Tribute to Marianne candy

Let's hope the summer is not yet entirely over so that I can use my new summerdress still for a while longer!

Yup, me, who used to refer to myself as someone who's afraid of sewing machines, has actually made something by sewing! And it was quite fun. I actually liked it! And this is what I created: a dress with a low neckline both in the front and back and short set-in sleeves. There's also a seam at the waist and a few folds on the skirt-part to make it wider.





 But I have to admit I didn't make it entirely from scratch. In the beginnig it looked like this:



It's a pyjamas by Ristomatti Ratia that I got as a Christmas present about ten years ago (I think). I've never used it, because as you can see, it's quite big. I had just decided to give up on it, when I looked at the fabric and thought "Hey, that could actually make a nice summer dress". So I decided to try to remake it into something else. And I'm glad I did. I absolutely love my new dress! Yay!



...although the fabric is so soft that it actually feels a bit like walking around in a pyjamas. But that's not necessarily such a bad thing!

4 comments:

  1. Wooow, super nice! I'd want one of those! ;) And suits you just perfectly! What a good way to give the old pajamas a new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) And it wasn't at all hard to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mutta mahti-idea! ja valmis mekko on hieno. Tykkään kovasti:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiitos! Tästä lähtien mietin aina kahteen kertaa ennen kuin heitän vanhan vaatteen pois!

    ReplyDelete